[DeTomaso] Disappearing posts

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun May 4 20:09:44 EDT 2014

   I saw them both, but don't remember if it was via the archives.  Since
   I can't get to my email account at work, I scan the archives.  I do
   remember seeing them both and I don't have "reject" messages from the
   admin account.   Why you didn't get them, I don't know.
   No, there is no way to have the server "re-send" them without more
   trouble than you just re-posting them.
   Mailman is more designed as a textual mail relay.  The whole allowing
   attachments part is highly shunned by most of the Mailman community.  I
   have tried to configure it the best I can within the limitations
   available.  It's not optimum unfortunately.
   Whoever manages the POCA web site should investigate alternative
   methods that might be more in tune with today's mailers.  Mailman is 20
   years old or better, though it does get regular updates, it's not for
   things like making it easier to attach photos and such.
   Asa Jay
Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA
******************************
[1]http://www.racingagainstautism.com
[2]http://www.teampanteraracing.com
[3]http://facebook.com/racingagainstautism

   On 5/4/2014 4:43 PM, [4]MikeLDrew at aol.com wrote:

     In a message dated 5/4/14 7 18 10, [5]asajay at asajay.com writes:

     Your photo was too big.
     The email, with photo can't be larger than 1.5 Megabytes.

     >>>And even then, you might not see it.
     I sent a couple of posts to the forum on 4/30 with photos attached.
     I deliberately made them very small.  They disappeared and were
     never transmitted to the group.
     However, like a movie that is shot and goes straight to video, the
     posts (or at least one of them) wound up in the archives?  So I did
     get one response to something that I would have expected would have
     generated a fair amount of discussion, from a person who doesn't
     receive e-mail and instead just searches the archives.  The other
     got zero response.
     FWIW the posts were entitled:
     Brake Cooling Ducts Installed
     and
     De Tomaso clock
     and both were pretty cool.
     I wonder why the software isn't distributing them properly?  Can
     they be resurrected and re-transmitted via e-mail?