[DeTomaso] Need Help gerbox

Thomas Tornblom thomas at hax.se
Sun May 4 11:01:09 EDT 2014

Throw out bearing?

My TO bearing sounded like a bag of rattling pebbles until there
suddenly was a crushing sound and it gave up completely.

The return spring at the slave cylinder was broken and the bearing made
constant contact with the clutch.

When I pulled the ZF a few days ago I noticed that the spring was gone
again, and there was insufficient play on the clutch. It was still
working good and no noise, but I guess it was just a matter of time
before it gave up again.

Make sure you have the proper play and a working return spring.

Thomas