[DeTomaso] replacement seats

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun May 4 10:42:32 EDT 2014

Thank you for the valuable information. I'm afraid that the quality of the
seats doesn't warrant any additional expenditure on them. They were
represented as "Leather: when they were in fact vinyl. If you look you will
notice more and more seats are advertised as "leather" and then in the fine
print disclaimer they mention "PVC". They also  say "Recaro" style (
instead of Recaro). This has become more and more common as these offshore
manufacturers continually attempt to skirt the piracy laws. When I first
received these seats and discovered that they were in fact vinyl the
sellers refunded  90% of the purchase price and asked me to keep the seats.
Now it is time to replace them and I am going to make sure that everything
is actually the correct brand and the correct material. Thanks again for
your advice and spread the word's ( Cavet Emptor )  "Let the buyer beware!"

Boyd