[DeTomaso] NPC - 2014 F1 rules explained in a cool way

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 20:56:46 EDT 2014

If you read in depth, you’ll find that they had problems with the fuel flow sensor.
They complained and the powers that be gave them a new flowmeter which they were told was ‘OK’, but they’d have to apply an offset.
That already tells you the calibration was probably shifting.

Finding a good flowmeter that’s repeatable, holds a calibration and is reliable is tough.
Been there, done that. If there was one, we’d be using it to measure hydraulic fluid flow.
We do it, but the flowmeters are a giant PITA…. and not that accurate, either.

Whether RB was ‘legal’ or not, I don’t know… I just know flowmeters are a pain.

FWIW,
Kirby