[DeTomaso] 3 Piece wheels

rcbsons1 at aol.com rcbsons1 at aol.com
Fri Mar 21 15:58:27 EDT 2014

I as Kirby stated have been running Kinesis wheels for
over 10 years.. Kirby helped me with type and sizing
way back when I started down this Pantera Road
I actually have two sets that I switch back and forth
and until recently have been running Dot Road race
tires on both sets on the street.  I recently changed to
a 200 wear rated tire (BFG Rivials) for the Optima challenge
as they will not allow at tire with less rating than that

No issues to date other than a brief run into a curb with
two wheels.. cold tires and hitting it to hard.. fixed them
and all good now

I do remember when looking for wheels that if I was going
to track the car do not buy any one piece cast wheels
as they would not hold up to the g-forces of a race car and
race tire... so three piece wheels they are

I also have a set of Simons Racing wheels (3 piece) I have
run on my autocross Firebird for over 23 years.. that car is
run on the street and even harder autocrossing.. no issues to date...
Autocrossing is harder on a drive train, valve train, engine,
bearings, axels, spindals etc.. I have broken all of those
at least once and some many times but the three piece
wheels keep on working with no issues....with very sticky tires..
they were very pricey back in 1991 costing $2600 for the set
which was a lot back then.. still now.. although $1000 wheels
are quite common now

My 2 cents- Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera