[DeTomaso] Tach adapter with ready-to-run MSD distributor?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Mar 21 12:09:47 EDT 2014

Hi guys,

I am trying to help a friend who just fitted a new distributor and lost
tach function as an incidental result.

I know that with a conventional MSD ignition system (with external box),
you must fit a tach adapter to get the tach to work:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-8920/overview/

However, he installed a 'ready to run' distributor:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-8350/overview/

Do these, also, require the tach adapter?