[DeTomaso] Tefba Coolant Filter

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Mar 12 14:33:04 EDT 2014

Mike,

FWIW another possible alternative is the Gano filter:

http://www.ganofilters.com/

I had one in my GT350 for a few years and it was astounding how much debris
it managed to catch.   Even with a properly filled cooling system, cast
iron blocks are always sloughing off casting scale etc.

The only potential drawback to a filter like this is that if you fail to
pay attention to it, it could plug up and restrict flow in the cooling system.
  However, the radiator would otherwise be serving that function, so it's
better to have it happen here, no?

The Tefba filter seems more user-friendly from a maintenance perspective.

I know Charlie McCall has one fitted on his car and has reported that it
has worked well--and constantly.   That is, I believe it is a periodic
maintenance item, and each time he has checked it, he has found trapped debris
there.

Charlie--true?