[DeTomaso] Mike Drew on Jay Leno's Garage?????

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jun 23 19:24:48 EDT 2014

In a message dated 6/23/14 15 58 58, lotus0005 at hotmail.com writes:

> Great story Mike!!  Question:  did you forewarn Jay about
> Drewsasters!!!!!!!
>

>>>As a matter of fact, I did, during the drive in the canyon.   It was
just an offhanded comment, which he dismissed--and then five minutes later, the
A/C system went FOOM! :>)

BTW, it was fixed by the afternoon.   I've never seen anything like it, but
his compressor had what amounts to a 'fuse' on it.   If the A/C pressure
exceeds a predetermined amount, the compressor vents the pressure to preserve
the components.   Most Panteras just blow the high-pressure hose, but this
was a simple problem.   They just installed a new 'fuse' and recharged the
system, and it was nice and cool by the end of the day.