[DeTomaso] Great driving road on US 60

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 05:14:45 EDT 2014

I was driving through the mountains of West Virginia in a full size rental
car in the winter of 2000 (I think it was an Impala) I was traveling from
Virginia beach to Logan West VA to take care of a large property sale. I
was going around a hairpin turn when it hit some ice and started to slide
to the out side of the turn. I slid into the opposite lane and had a head
on collision with a West Virginia State Trooper! The whole thing happened
in slow motion, I had  abs brakes and the pedal was modulating like crazy
and I was only going a few miles an hour . If I had stopped 6" sooner I
wouldn't  have hit him. It was very scary because it was those winding
mountain roads with huge drop offs and no real protection against going
over the edge.
The trooper couldn't have been nicer and said he was just glad neither  of
us was hurt and that there were terrible accidents on this road all the
time. I got a ticket for failure to maintain control. So i now have the
rare distinction of having hit a police car, an experience  I certainly
don't wish to repeat!
Boyd