[DeTomaso] Great driving road on US 60

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Sat Jun 7 22:35:41 EDT 2014

My niece got married in today at Hawks Nest Lodge in West Virginia so I
flew in for the weekend. Driving from Charlestown to Fayettville on US 60
was an absolute joy. I only wish and an any of my cars rather than a 2014
Ford Fusion rental car.  US 60 is known as Midland Trail and is a stunning
drive through the mountains snaking along the James river (I think) with
various hair pins and elevation changes. Beautiful scenery. It reminded my
of the Tail of the Dragon with less trees hiding the landscape and mostly
with a speed limit of 55 MPH through some nice banked roads..  I could not
believe such a sporting speed limit. Lots of motorcycles and groups of
cycles. I saw a few vettes, but no sports cars to speak of.

I am confident this is a well known road.  It has to be.  Anybody driven it?

Rob (wishing I could pack my cars as baggage) DuMoulin