[DeTomaso] strange clutch noise question

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun Jun 1 23:43:46 EDT 2014

I've made it to Santa Barbara, from San Diego (coming home from the Fun Rally), but as I pulled into the hotel here I heard a strange scraping noise coming from the engine compartment.
It occurs when the clutch pedal is partially depressed.  If the clutch is out; no noise.  If it's pushed all the way in; no noise.
Does anyone have any idea what the cause of the noise might be, and just as important, do you think I can drive another four days without doing anything to it, to get me the rest of the 1460-mile trip home?
Thanks,
Chris