[DeTomaso] Clutch Master Access Hole - Recommendations?

Brent Stewart bjbstewart at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 17:37:01 EDT 2014

I need to do an adjustment to my clutch master, and am going to bite the bullet and cut the access hole in the side.  I've seen one where 3 sides of the access hole are cut, then bent out of the way for adjustments, then bent back when done. I've seen one where all 4 sides are cut and the metal removed and just the carpet covers the open hole.

What I'd like to ask is, what other options are there?  This is a pretty creative group, and I'm sure someone has made a very cool modification for this.  riveted on a hinge and put a latch?  Maybe added an actuator and put it on the garage door remote?

Seriously, what are some good ideas to make this as clean of an access hole as possible?  I was thinking maybe to cut all 4 sides, then use a piece of sheet magnet to cover (under the carpet of course).  appreciate any ideas you have!

brent
4328