[DeTomaso] Dry Sump Discussion

michael at michaelshortt.com michael at michaelshortt.com
Sun Jan 19 11:31:45 EST 2014

After starting this thread, this is my interpretation and summation of the
discussion so far.
1) a dry sump system on a street only Pantera is cost prohibitive and adds
no meaningful improvement for how it is used.
2) if you have a track/street Pantera, it is doable at great cost with
marginal performance enhancement.
3) if you have stock based track only Pantera,  it adds a performance
advantage and yet doesn't ruin the car for the day when it may be restored.
4) if you are a serious racer, your Pantera is already a tube frame design
from the
Rear firewall back anyway and only a fool wouldn't incorporate a dry sump
system in a car of this caliber.

Michael Shortt