[DeTomaso] Have We Destroyed the Detomaso Pantera?

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 11:44:15 EST 2014

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 2:52 PM, <audionut at hushmail.com> wrote:

> Here we go again!  (I always bum out when somebody laments that the
> Pantera is unfairly undervalued)  = ]  Let me break out the violin....

I understand what you are saying, however:

1) Rising Pantera values makes no difference to me personally, and that's
probably true for a lot of us. However, rising values makes it easier for
people to justify doing things the right way when they are maintaining or
upgrading their cars. Many cars have not been maintained well because the
owners couldn't justify the expense. (ie, Pantera prices are in the
pits, the car's a loser, why should I spend money on it to fix it right.)
 Once again, that doesn't apply to me or you but there a lot of cars where
that has happened.

2) I am evangelical regarding the Pantera's good qualities, including its
reliability if properly maintained. Unfortunately, many non-Pantera people
are still to be converted. Rising prices give credence to the goodness of
the car to the non-believers. For me, having non-Pantera people recognize
the goodness of the car is a good thing. ( I know this reflects my
insecurities, but I am who I am. %^) )

Jeff
6559