[DeTomaso] Have We Destroyed the Detomaso Pantera?

michael at michaelshortt.com michael at michaelshortt.com
Fri Jan 17 12:02:20 EST 2014

Let me chime in,

I read the Ferrari 355 post as well and agree with it 100%.

I spent 50% of my conversations at correcting misconceptions about our cars.

We may be our own worst enemy, but next in line are magazine half wits that
write about something of which they know nothing about.

Something is worth what somebody else will pay for it, lately it seems they
will pay more for a Pantera.

It only matters to me in that it reaffirms my decision to buy one and get
the car that I always wanted more than any other car
and reasonably justify the expense as a better investment than a bank, you
can't haul ass and have fun sitting behind a CD, T-Bill or Stock
Certificate.

Life is short, we need to enjoy it as much as we can and if one can do that
and have the decision make financial sense, that's a freaking win-win by
any definition.

Last Sunday I took my car for a drive and stopped to check the air and the
car was surrounded by about 7 guys ( always guys, rarely women....sigh )
before I had checked the air in one tire. One of the men asked me what I
thought the car might sell for and I gave him a high number that still
wouldn't cause mine to change hands
and he made my day by saying..."Are you sure, that seems cheap".

Michael Shortt

--

Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia