[DeTomaso] Pantera Front End Bra

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 14:40:41 EST 2014

>>>I would only install one on a car whose front end had been wrecked, to
attempt to conceal the damage.   If the paint isn't already ruined, a bra
will ruin it for you, as dirt gets trapped between the bra and paint and
acts
like sandpaper.

There's a reason why these things were popular for a short time in the
1980s and haven't been seen since....

***I had one in the late 80's on my first "fun" car (Chrysler Conquest TSi)
and it basically acted like sandpaper, trapped moisture underneath, and
clouded the paint. I wouldn't use one again.

That being said, when I stopped using it, the front of my car did suffer
considerably from rock chips (I was living in Chicago, driving the 80/94
every morning with very very heavy traffic)

Pick your poison! But if not driving in heavy traffic on a daily basis, I
wouldn't use one on my car..