[DeTomaso] Strange electrical issue - is it time for a new starter?

michael at michaelshortt.com michael at michaelshortt.com
Tue Feb 18 18:39:56 EST 2014

If you are not using a Battery Tender brand, I would keep on doing what
you're doing.

The BT have a way of sensing the amount of charge needed ( or not ) and
keeps the battery at
it best performance level.

You can find the Battery tender Jr online for under $50,.00, considering
the cost of a $200 battery, it's a good investment.

Optimas ( and I had owned many and still do ) don't like regular chargers
or being boosted.

As far as what runs them down, in my car, it's probably the clock and door
lights,

I have done the most stupid thing at least twice and left the manual fans
on after parking it, not fun the next time out.

Michael'

--

Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia