[DeTomaso] Engine rebuild

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Feb 11 12:12:58 EST 2014

In a message dated 2/10/14 17 18 33, npdrs at maui.net writes:

> There is currently "high volume
> water pump" installed; does this means I should still use 321C style
> thermostat or 351W version?
>

>>>Water pump has no bearing on thermostat selection UNLESS it's one of the
Weiand pumps that blocks off the internal water bypass (which is a dumb
thing to do IMHO).   There is certainly never any harm in using the proper 351C
thermostat, even if the passage is blocked, whereas there can be tremendous
harm using a 351W unit in a 351C that doesn't have the passage blocked.

When in doubt, just use the 351C unit.