[DeTomaso] A Pantera for Jackie....

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Feb 11 01:39:40 EST 2014

Hi guys,

Thanks to expat Brit, now living in northern Italy, Al Gisby for the
translation of this 'letter to the editor' from an Italian car magazine circa 1971
(see attached):

A Pantera for Jackie

I received today the photos taken in Switzerland when I delivered the De
Tomaso Pantera to the World Champion Stewart.
I delivered the car to him eleven days after he had tested it, driving it
from Florence to Bologna on the day he came to your prizegiving event.
I take the opportunity to thank you for the medal you gave me, it was very
emotional for me.

Guerino Bertocchi – Modena

We wish to thank Cav. Bertocchi for the letter and the photo. This photo
was taken in front of Stewart's “Clayton House” near Geneve, while Guerino
Bertocchi shows the Scottish ace the features of the Pantera he ordered. With
them is the secretary of the world champion.
Among other things, this delivery suggests a certain “closeness” of
Stewart with the Modena made 5 liters which could give way to a very interesting
collaboration, now that the Pantera has been approved in the category of Gran
Turismo Speciale. With adequate preparation, it will be allowed to take
part to the newly appointed European GT Championship, which announces to be one
of the most interesting of the season.