[DeTomaso] High Ported Iron Closed Chamber 4V head flow results

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Feb 9 17:47:02 EST 2014

In a message dated 2/9/14 14 24 52, daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com writes:

> Not too bad for 1970's small block cylinder heads.
>

>>>Can you provide some additional context, i.e. compare those numbers with
standard 351C heads, CHI, C302B, and any others that are known?

Also, I presume that flow numbers can translate into horsepower, but is
there a linear relationship?   Can a head flow TOO well, such that the engine
only works at higher rpm?   (That was always the armchair criticism of the
351C--that the 4V ports were too large to produce good power results with only
351 inches at moderate rpm levels).

Right now we've got (some) data.   What we need is information, which is
different. :>)

Thanks!