[DeTomaso] Autoweek online Mention

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Fri Feb 7 09:11:30 EST 2014

Dear Lashdeep,

              Your points are well taken.   I would point out that the
passion and enthusiasm of the this group for Panteras and modifications
thereof, are related to the belated  market appreciation of stock
original Panteras.  We have modified and maintained them and kept them
driveable and usable.   As Charlie McCall says, "raising Pantera
awareness."

               I own two Panteras.   Both were bone stock when I bought
them in twenty five years ago.  Each modification was a definite
incremental improvement in the car's performance.   I wouldn't go back.

              On the other hand, a good friend, who owns two Diablos,
finally succumbed to my influence and bought a Pantera.  As he says, " I
have all the horsepower I want.  I want a low mileage stock Pantera."
He bought a Pantera that was ever so slightly misrepresented as a low
mileage stock Pantera.  He has proceeded to spend the last several
months correcting things and restoring it back to stock original.

             So, for whatever reason, it does seem to be the "Second
Coming of Panteras".  They are wonderful cars.

                         Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles