[DeTomaso] Autoweek online Mention

LS lashdeep at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 21:28:16 EST 2014

We all have our ways of enjoying our cars and are entitled to do whatever we please obviously.

There is a quantitative way to measure the world's perception of our beloved Detomaso cars...sales prices.

Many of you equate the fixation or study of sales prices with cold greed, sterile investment, or outright snobbery.

It is, in actuality, the easiest way to determine what the world (including us) thinks of Detomaso.

A simple observation here is that cosmetically stock cars are bringing strong money. It appears that even the slightest cosmetic modification detracts in some way from the sales prices.

Even a simple change detracts from this ultimate fact and will potentially devalue the cars.

I have no problem with modifications but we still need to realize that we all have started with one of the most perfectly styled exotics (including the original wheels) ever created.

I have a suspicion that some of you long time owners don't want to believe this.

LS

central
wines-spirits   est 1934

625 e street nw