[DeTomaso] Techno Question: Shift Linkage U joints

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 18 18:19:38 EST 2014

The only caveat with these is they are not a through bolt design and rely on an allen head grub screw for securing.
Julian

Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 17:57:19 -0500
From: boyd411 at gmail.com
To: cengles at cox.net
CC: detomaso at poca.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Techno Question: Shift Linkage U joints

Charles,
There is a company that makes a replacement linkage that can be used for
the shifter and the steering column.
There name is flaming river. Dennis Quella sells there stuff. It is
beautiful.well made and has roller bearings in the U joints and I believe
the are available is SS steel.
Here is a link.http://www.flamingriver.com/index.php/products

BOYD

Here is a link.[1]http://www.flamingriver.com/index.php/products

BOYD

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 5:21 PM, Charles Engles <cengles at cox.net> wrote:

>    Dear Forum,
>

>                               After inspecting my shift linkage U joints,
>    I found them surprisingly stiff.    Treatment with various lubricants
>    failed to change things.  I recently examined another set of U joints
>    and found the same condition.
>

>                               Is it possible to dis-assemble the U joints
>    for more effective lubrication -or for machine shop modification---in
>    order to eliminate the built in stiffness and resistance of the factory
>    U joints?    I would think that it would improve the function of the
>    shift linkage.
>

>                                         Warmest regards, Chuck  Engles

> the links above.

   subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links
   above.