[DeTomaso] Air to engine discussion

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 12:35:02 EST 2014

I looked at some boundary layer articles last night, one article used a pitot tube array to measure air velocity and showed the boundary layer not very thick at high speed and the air velocity increases quickly in the boundary layer, so you really don't need to escape the entire layer to benefit:
http://www.consultkeithyoung.com/content/calculating-boundary-layer-thickness-choose-pitot-tube-height-f1-car-using-theory-and-pitot
  Has anyone tried using a pitot tube to measure the relative air velocity?
Ken