[DeTomaso] What Value Original Cleveland

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Aug 30 13:38:44 EDT 2014

In a message dated 8/30/14 9 17 20, mbefthomas at comcast.net writes:

> I have a contact with a virgin '73 2bbl Cleveland engine our of a
> Ranchero.
> It has never been apart, was running until about '86 with only about 50K
> on
> the car.  It's been stored indoors since it was pulled from the Ranchero
> in
> the late '80's.  figuring that the heads are likely 2bbl open chambered,
> they are not much use, but the block would likely be a good donor.  What
> should I look for and how much might I offer for the complete engine?  Was
> thinking in the $300 range, but . . . .
>
>>>There's a lot of scrap metal there, like the heads, intake and carb
(although somebody on E-bay might be interested).   You'd be interested in the
block, and a lot of the little parts like the oil slinger that goes on the
front of the cam.   Actually if you just wanted a decent street motor, you
could leave the entire bottom end alone, fit it with a new cam, better heads
and intake, and away you go.

Yeah, $300-500 would be about right I guess.