[DeTomaso] 73 Pantera Transmission Issue

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Aug 14 21:10:47 EDT 2014

In a message dated 8/14/14 17 28 12, gary at 4cohens.net writes:

> > Anyone have a shop or name of  persons that can work on ZF-5
> transmission(
> My Pantera 73) that has had work done perhaps a overhaul.
>
> Im looking to replace my 2nd gear sync and need a true professional? Also
> help with shift alignment .
>
> > MY home town is Northern VA.
>

>>>On the east coast there are two options I can think of.

Your local choice is Ron McCall, a Pantera/GT40 replica owner who is in
Maryland and happens to own a transmission repair shop.   I know he's done ZF
work in the past.   His e-mail is rfmccall at comcast.net

The more established, but further option is Guy Trigaux.   He ran the
service department for Claude Dubois' Pantera network in Belgium for 25 years,
before opening a company that did service and restoration on all sorts of
classic and exotic and vintage race cars, in Brussels.   Ten years or so ago he
moved to Simpsonville, SC (about 80 miles from Atlanta) and opened his
business in an airplane hangar behind his house.   He does extremely good work
(artisan-caliber) and takes care of a lot of the Atlanta-area hyper-exotic and
vintage race cars (doing things like casting and machining new engine block
from scratch for an Alfa T33, for example).   He's very professional and
his prices are quite fair.   He is factory-trained on the ZF I believe, and he
has the ridiculously expensive ($90K or something like that????) factory
tool kit too.

He has owned one of the original 14 factory Gr4 race Panteras #2860 for
many years, and won the Belgian national championship in it back in the late
70s.

His e-mail is gdt2860 at gmail.com

Cheers!

   In a message dated 8/14/14 17 28 12, gary at 4cohens.net writes:

     > Anyone have a shop or name of  persons that can work on ZF-5
     transmission(
     My Pantera 73) that has had work done perhaps a overhaul.
     Im looking to replace my 2nd gear sync and need a true professional?
     Also to
     help with shift alignment .

   His e-mail is gdt2860 at gmail.com
   Cheers!