[DeTomaso] VDO water temp sender

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 3 10:33:23 EDT 2014

Mikael,

Electrics are not my strong suit, but this VDO sender is a 250F/120C, so alignment depends where your full scale gauge reading is e.g. most will peg just beyond the upper scale, but hopefully you are not ever going to experience that! Looking at the VDO website it appears 120C is the lowest upper temperature point sensor they make, so likely the closest you will get without resorting to exotic solutions.

Do you know the full scale deflection resistance of the gauge? If you really want to get serious and have access to a cheap potentiometer and ohmmeter you can measure that and either find the correct range sender or use an in line resistors/potentiometer.

Julian