[DeTomaso] Clutch master and slave cylinder

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 23:36:56 EDT 2014

I replaced both my master and slave cylinders around 5 years ago ( with
supposedly authentic parts, but really from china) .Around three months ago
I started to notice problems shifting and realized the clutch wasn't fully
disengaging or staying disengaged  when the pedal was held in for a period
of time (like at a red light) I  tried to adjust the slave and I saw that
it was shot and replaced it. Every thing was working but now I found
hydraulic fluid seeping from the master. I would like to change everything
and start over with better made parts. Does anyone know if a CNC master
will fit a 73 L? And does the "long throw" slave really make a difference?
Which vendor carries a "good quality" Master and slave and one with a SS
lined cylinder? I don't think this should have gone bad in such a short
time and less the 3000 miles. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Boyd