[DeTomaso] Clutch master and slave cylinder

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Apr 15 00:42:54 EDT 2014

In a message dated 4/14/14 20 38 8, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> Which vendor carries a "good quality" Master and slave and one with a SS
> lined cylinder?
>

>>>Pantera East had them, but reportedly they have run out.   (I don't know
if they have received a new shipment?)

I found some on E-bay, intended for the Alfa Romeo GTV-6, marketed with the
Centric brand name but made by the German company ATE, apparently actually
manufactured in Italy???

I turned Rich Boschert onto them and he bought them all up!   They no
longer carry the Pantera style with a round, screw-on reservoir, but they do have
one for a later model that uses a different-shape reservoir:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Centric-Clutch-Master-Cylinder-Alfa-Romeo-164-94
-93-92-91-1994-136-02103-/130833097033

Richard has spoken with the vendor--he sold barely a handful of the
round-reservoir things for years, and suddenly there's been a huge demand as
Pantera guys bought them all up.

The key thing is that the master has a 19mm bore.   Other Alfas have
masters that are externally the same, but have a different bore size, and those
won't work.

BTW these same guys offer a slave cylinder which I believe is also
identical to the Pantera unit, similarly marketed by Centric but made by ATE, I
believe?:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Centric-138-02001-Clutch-Slave-Cylinder-Premium-/371
023287997

The end of the piston is different and you would have to swap your old
Pantera pushrod over, which is no big deal....