[DeTomaso] Radiator Fans Running Constantly

Mike Reilly reillyms at live.com
Mon Apr 14 15:52:15 EDT 2014

All, thanks for all the great trouble shooting tips.  I deduced that both my thermo switches are bad.   Summary:- when the two wires (brown and black) are connected to the thermo switch the fans run constantly- when the two wires are switched on the thermo sensor the fans still run constantly- when I connect the thermo leads to each other the relays work- connecting a connectivity meter to the blades of the thermo switches shows that they are in the closed position and allowing current flow, thus the fans always run My new rebuilt radiator is working great but I am surprised that both thermo switches are bad given that they both worked fine before the radiator was re-cored.  I guess something happened to them during boiling out and welding of the new radiator components if the shop had the sensors mounted while doing the work.  I'll be looking to order some new ones or go with the slick fan control kit from Pantera Electronics.   Thanks again!  Mike