[DeTomaso] Ford 392 rev limit?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Sep 6 09:30:23 EDT 2013

In a message dated 9/6/13 2 22 25, pantdino at aol.com writes:

> Seems to me this is something the engine builder should tell you,
> assuming you have some kind of warranty.
>
> He is the one who knows what parts went into the engine and what redline
> he built it for
>
>>>In this particular case, if I'm not mistaken, "He" is Ford Motor
Company, as I believe Jeff said this is a Ford 392 crate engine.   If that's the
case, it should be very easy to get the necessary info straight from Ford.

Ford crate engines, like the Pantera, are 'built to a price' and typically
won't put up with the same level of abuse as a professionally built engine
of nominally similar characteristics, because there are corners cut
everywhere, such as cast vs. forged cranks, rods, mild valvetrain and cam specs,
etc....