[DeTomaso] NPC Honda S2000

Matt matt at nwpantera.com
Sun Sep 1 00:27:29 EDT 2013

Hey gang,
I recently supplemented my car habit with the addition of a 2004 Honda S2000. It’s a convertible thing I suppose, I like em and it’s not a Miata, German or British.
After reading endless S2000 forums about fluids and stuff I thought perhaps someone might have some experience in our group with this car.
Most but not all say use Honda fluids in engine,trans,diff. which makes sense I suppose.
If I can find a better product I’d prefer that.
The V-Tec engine in my car redlines at 8100rpm. The earlier models went to 9000!
This is very demanding of the lubrication system and I want to do what I can to keep it happy as well as the trans/diff. fluids.
I will say this 32 years newer and very well engineered car is just as fun to drive as the Pantera, but in a very different way.
I just got back from driving the Hurricane Ridge Rd. in Olympic National Park in WA. This is one of THE best 17mi section of road I have ever driven in WA state. EVER.
Very smooth,twisty,no guardrails,views to die for,and tunnels too!  Words just don’t do the trick if you know what I mean.
I felt blessed driving this car on that road. Pure sports car nirvana. I’m not sure the Pantera would have liked some of the sharper turns though.
Put that road it on your bucket list now. And heck might as well add the S2000 too. If you get a chance to drive one I would give it a try. It has made driving anywhere fun again.
Sorry to go on but that Honda has really bit me hard!
Anybody have ideas for fluids or the car in general please PM me.
Thanks,
Matt
3584