[DeTomaso] 1972 Pushbutton???

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 19:57:40 EDT 2013

That depends upon your definition of "date".

date build started, date completed, date first 'sold', date first
registered, model year, etc.

When I was going public with my registry, I reviewed quite a lot of comments
regarding the subject of date,

and I made some adjustments to the definition of "date" that is recorded.

In Europe they commonly use date as "First Registered".  There is a
Push-Button that was first sold in 1977.

So what year is the car?

It makes more sense to group cars by a date that reflects the features of
the car, or when the chassis was "started", and

stamped with the VIN.

After all what features (wiring, panels, head-light buckets, etc) does a
Push-Button have in common with a 1977-ish (Post Ford)?

Here is another example to check out:

Go look at the "Pantera Push-Buttons" in the registry,

http://www.detomasoregistry.org/Members/Registry/SearchPushButton.asp

and you will even find one car that stands out with a 2783 (?) VIN

but the car has some Push-Button features!

I have some ideas as to how the car got that way, and I'm waiting to hear
back from the current owner.

Chuck

Gentleman on one of our Facebook pages says he has a 1972 pushbutton, news
to me. Can anybody confirm the existence of this or similar cars.

Michael Shortt

  _____

No virus found in this message.