[DeTomaso] 1972 Pushbutton???

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Oct 30 19:08:55 EDT 2013

In a message dated 10/30/13 16 04 26, michaelsavga at gmail.com writes:

> Gentleman on one of our Facebook pages says he has a 1972 pushbutton,
> news to me. Can anybody confirm the existence of this or similar cars.
>

>>>What he has is a 1971 Pantera that was not sold/registered until 1972,
and was therefore titled as a 1972 car.   While such a thing would be illegal
in the USA, it is commonplace in Europe.

Stephane Bergeron, for instance, owns #1256; the VIN shows that it was
built in early 1971, or at least it was started around that time.   It
apparently was sold new in France in 1972, and was titled as a 1972 Pantera.

Oddly, it has a number of 1972 features including two-slot wheels, round
bumpers, and a Dash-2 gearbox, so it's possible that it wasn't actually
completed until 1972?