[DeTomaso] Fwd: Happy for 50 miles or so then not

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Oct 29 13:56:15 EDT 2013

In a message dated 10/29/13 5 47 39, robpink2012 at gmail.com writes:

> I have an MSD ignition system.
>

>>>My Pantera had its MSD box mounted incorrectly (it was hard-mounted to
the car, not using the rubber isolators that MSD includes).   It worked fine
for a few years, but then started acting up like yours did.   That didn't
last long though--just a few minutes, and then it quit completely.

Something vibrated loose inside the box.   I bought a new one, sent the old
one in for analysis and MSD fixed it for $35 so now I have a spare.

New one is rubber-mounted and has been perfect ever since.

YMMV....