[DeTomaso] 1987 GT5-S Black/Tan For Sale

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Thu Oct 24 16:42:39 EDT 2013

I think there can be a huge difference between 2 cars which look similar.
Some because they are in better shape and some because the taste of the
car and the build is just night and day. In this regard it is hard to make
concrete evaluations of cars in general without getting into the
specifics.

Lets face it, a well done Pantera done in a desirable manner stock or not
can bring high dollar.

Look at this Pantera:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-Other-1971-71-de-tomaso-pantera-rare-manual-351-cleveland-flared-fenders-whales-tail-/121195307324?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1c37cda13c&item=121195307324&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

This car looks a lot like mine before I started my build. It could be a
"dated" driver or you could sink a lot of money and time into it. It
appears nearly everything on the car is due for attention and a full tear
down and restoration would not be out of the question.

Dated worn driver or restoration candidate brings $38k.....What would the
nice version of that car bring? $65k? $85k $120k? It would all depend on
the level of restoration and the taste of the build. There is real money
out there for damn fine Pantera's and there always will be.

If the economy is good or descent a damn fine restoration/build done well
will bring the cost of the restoration and then some. A poorly done
restoration or one done in poor or least desired taste will not. Other
cars such as the MG I have, rarely bring what is put into the car.