[DeTomaso] 1987 GT5-S Black/Tan For Sale

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 19:32:06 EDT 2013

Any car is worth what ever someone is willing to stroke a check for it on
any given day. When I was in the retail automobile business we used to
"shop" trade ins when we were trying to put a deal together and we needed
more money for the trade then we thought it was worth, if we could get a
"buy figure" from another dealer we would use their number to make the
deal. Typically it would be when a trade was something we were not used to
dealing with ( I managed a Honda / BMW dealership) and it was unusual to
take a Cadillac in on trade  ( as an example)(but not unheard of) so we
would call some of the local Caddy dealers because they would typically be
the highest price buyer for a Cadillac and knew their market better then we
did. An important point in this lengthy post is that we wanted a"BUY
FIGURE" not an "OPINION" A buy figure meant that if we made the deal the
person that gave us the buy number would take the car. WE used to say
Opinions are like rectums (we used a more colorful term) everyone has one!
So if you weren't willing to back up your number with a check it was
meaningless! So all the discussion about Panteras values is lots of fun but
it is relatively meaningless. When someone is ready to write a check for a
given Pantera on a given day that's how much it's worth. Some people have
more money then sense is just hard to find them when your trying to sell
YOUR CAR!
Boyd