[DeTomaso] 1987 GT5-S Black/Tan For Sale

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Oct 22 01:02:42 EDT 2013

In a message dated 10/21/13 13 38 38, julian_kift at hotmail.com writes:

> Wow, IMO that car was $45K at best, it had dings in the body with a metal
> flake paint that would be hard to match, a stock early interior and tired
> motor.
>

>>>It was certainly a pretty scruffy car, one that I would call half-done,
and not especially well.

While I never would have bought it or suggested that somebody else should,
the fact is that the buyer would have had a difficult time replicating that
car elsewhere for only $45K.   Start with a tired Pantera, buy all the GT5-S
kit, have it all welded on and painted, add the new wheels and tires, and
you're well over $45K.

So even if the buyer paid 'too much' for it, you can see how somebody could
convince themselves it was a wise decision.   But it took several years for
that buyer to materialize, just showing that there is a butt for every
seat, and even if it takes you years to sell a car at a higher-than-reasonable
price, if you stick to your guns somebody is eventually likely to come along
and take it.