[DeTomaso] 1987 GT5-S Black/Tan For Sale

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Oct 23 00:40:12 EDT 2013

In a message dated 10/22/13 20 12 38, will.kooiman at gmail.com writes:

> You can't say that the value is $65K because you can produce one example
> of a car being sold for that much.
>

>>>Will, I don't know where you have been for the last year.

A PCNC member bought a very nice, but not spectacular, blue '72 Pre-L in
Monterey last year at auction.   He paid $66K plus 10% buyer's premium.

The green car went to Europe for $65K.

A red L-model sold for $125K a few months ago (admittedly with under 1000
original miles and perfect in every way).

There's a nice repainted L-model for sale here asking $82.5K, which, when
it sells, will probably get about $70K.

And there are many, many more examples in the last year.   All you have to
do is look for them.

Face the fact--really nice, original Panteras are getting really good money
these days.   Cars like mine, that have $75K invested in them or so, are
only worth $50K perhaps.   But a car that has been well cared-for and has had
little or nothing invested in it will get $65-75K easily.

And the days of the five-figure GT5-S are gone--at least for now, perhaps
forever.