[DeTomaso] Clutch Master Cylinders and Engine Mounts

Stephen Nelson steve at snclocks.com
Tue Oct 22 23:51:04 EDT 2013

Are the clutch master cylinders that came with our cars compatible with
McLeod’s 1400-series clutch slave cylinders that mount around the
transmission pilot shaft?  It looks like they want a ¾ inch master cylinder.

Most amazing thing I found while pulling the engine?  Where someone ground
through the gas-tank shield and into the tank to fit the headers:

Lots of other knuckle-headed work, but this one takes the proverbial cake

Which raises another question – I haven’t pulled the mounts that mount to
the frame – but the engine sat a half inch offset toward the drivers (and
gas tank) side.  Are the holes for the mounts that mount on the frame
slotted so this can be adjusted or are these engines usually a bit offset to
the drivers’ side?

Stephen Nelson