[DeTomaso] 351C oil slinger & thanks

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Oct 7 17:16:25 EDT 2013

Ike, with some stroker crankshafts in a 351-C, a stock oil slinger
interferes with the cam chain or the front cover. So builders simply leave it out
without issues. Theres some info that says Ford actually discontinued them
sometime in the late '80s.   The PCV valve prevents the crankcase from being
pressurized, so a modern front main seal should be able to handle the oil
flying around inside without a slinger's help. My Fontana Cle-vor does not use a
slinger   I don't believe the late GM L-series copies use a slinger, and
neither does the Ford modular engine.

But if you really think you need it, a Windsor slinger from virtually any
early V-8 Ford will fit the crank snout as well. It gets pinched between the
crank sprocket and the protruding end of the harmonic balancer which is
torqued on tight, so a sloppy fit seems to be OK. Pick 'N Pull is your friend!
Good luck- J Deryke