[DeTomaso] Front trunk fuel cell?

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 18 17:14:38 EST 2013

Mike Drew corrected me that GP4 cars had a right hand tank, whereas I thought the GP4's were dual tanked with right hand filler. Although a right hand tank offsets the driver weight to some extent, dual tanks with a balance tube would be better for maintaining side to side balancing especially in endurance racing where fuel loads and drawn down are larger.

Jason Eaton had some detail on his website for using dual off the shelf fuel cells that fit the available space each side.

Bob Benson and some others have a custom built fuel cell that resembles the oem gas tank, someone should be able to also build that in a mirror image for the right hand side, you'd have all the fuel you could want then.

I assume fuel cells are rated for a 5 year life, so probably something to figure into a custom build that custom bladder replacement would be required every 5 years.

Julian