[DeTomaso] A/C test results

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu May 16 02:04:21 EDT 2013

In a message dated 5/15/13 1:32:53 PM, panteraplace at hotmail.com writes:

> I think the deicing switch would work a lot better if the temp sensing
> probe
> on the Pantera was located further toward the exits in the evaporator box.
> On my 71 it enters the box where the evaporator return line exits the box
> and I think that is too close to the fan inlet/return air.  Or I may need
> add a new switch to my list of stuff!

Mike, there are apparently two different deicing/temp control switches for
Panteras. The original one on our '72 L had a short bourdon tube that only
inserts into the box about 2" or so, probably the one you're dealing with.
The '73-up switch looks identical but has a longer tube to stick in further.
Can't find this L model 'update' in the TSBs right now, so maybe it's
undocumented. Will check around with people who should know. FWIW- J Deryke