[DeTomaso] FW: A/C test results

Mike Dailey panteraplace at hotmail.com
Thu May 16 20:16:20 EDT 2013

James,

>From the guys in the Pantera ebay listing section.   They had a 99.6
positive feedback on 3000+ transactions and I did some research and could
only find positive things about them.  It appears to be a one man operation
that has someone else make them for him.  They sell them for all different
types of cars.

I didn't have a later stock condenser to compare the tube count but for the
71 there are 30 percent more tubes that are smaller than the stock unit
tubes.  If you have the larger condenser you could most likely count the
tubes on the ebay picture and compare.  I'd like to know what you find on
the tube count.

If possible, I'd recommend switching your hoses over to O ring, but they
also can be ordered with the stock flair fittings if you need them.  I was a
bit unsure about ordering from them but they seem well made and my AC guy
agrees.  I had to drill some new holes in the stock Pantera mounting rails
and shroud and trim off a small part of the condenser frame for fitment.   I
don't think that would be the case for the later wider units with the flat
shroud.  I believe the condenser change from the small to large was around
serial 1900.

So for it works awesome, but I'll know more in a few weeks when we get
warmer weather.

Mike