[DeTomaso] Stock brake calibers & other musings

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu May 2 01:14:16 EDT 2013

In a message dated 5/1/13 15 20 6, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> Did you use the stock DeTomaso studs or something else?
>
>>>Since we were using Mustang rotors (only), not the currently available
Mustang rotor/hub combination (which incorporates the hub into the rotor, and
comes with Mustang-appropriate SAE studs), we reused the stock Pantera
hubs, and studs.

> >You might also remind folks where you got the rotors before they all go
> out and try to buy the "bad" ones.
>
>>>I got them from me!   That is, since they have not been available for
many years, I convinced a manufacturer to do a limited production run just for
me.   I got 80 orders in advance, ordered 100 with the notion that people
would come late to the party, and sold all 100 of them.   There are no more
left.   I could perhaps do it again, but it would require another volume
purchase.