[DeTomaso] Trunnion and shifter shaft

Sam shbailey at att.net
Mon Mar 25 09:18:49 EDT 2013

I have been looking to rebuild the original joints for the shifter and the steering, they were the same on my 1971. Mine in the car are still like new. I have several NOS ones also and I just checked them and they are very free. I would have expected the grease on all of mine to provide more resistance after this time.

With that said, if someone has one or more they would let me have (or buy) so that I can rebuild I would appreciate it. I have access to a machine shop to do the work. It should be easy looking at the design which does not have to take the loads from a drive train. I will share the results with the forum and should be able to provide restored units. I bought a lot of used decklid shocks with idea of doing the same thing. Luckily it looks like Pantera Performance is doing this so I don’t have to. Thanks, Sam