[DeTomaso] Compression ratio

eb0711 at kolumbus.fi eb0711 at kolumbus.fi
Sat Mar 16 14:31:19 EDT 2013

Yes, it's enough to measure at TDC, if you can accomplish it in practice.

If the engine is already in the car, I don't know how to do it in
practice. You can't really fill the chamber uphill from spark plug hole.
If the engine is on stand, it might work with thick oil and rotating the
engine so that plug hole is the highest point.

-Janne

3/16/2013 6:20 PM, Will Kooiman kirjoitti:
> Isn't it enough to measure at TDC?
>
> The volume at BDC should be TDC + bore x stroke.
>
> BTW, my stock block was not square.  It was off so much, the CR was 0.5 to
> 1 different from one side compared to the other.
>
> --
> Will
>

> On 3/16/13 12:04 PM, "eb0711 at kolumbus.fi" <eb0711 at kolumbus.fi> wrote:
>
>> Closest estimate realistically would be calculating based on the
>> knowledge of parts ie. stroke, bore, piston used (valve relief cc),
>> piston to deck clearance (did you zero deck?), head casket compressed
>> thickness and best estimate of head cc.
>>
>> -Janne
>>
>> 3/16/2013 5:03 PM, Jeff Detrich kirjoitti:
>>> Is there a way to determine compression ratio based on compression or
>>> something else. I didn't measure it when the engine was apart and would
>>> like to determined it now. Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Jeff
>>> 6559