[DeTomaso] Route comments?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Mar 15 14:26:50 EDT 2013

In a message dated 3/15/13 9 50 15, thomas at hax.se writes:

> Me and my wife are coming to the POCA event, and Mike and Loris wedding.
>
> We will be cruising around a bit before arriving in Phoenix, and I've
> been playing some with google maps.
>
> Anyone have any comments on this route:
> http://tinyurl.com/bsdz9wo ?
>
> Is that way out in the woods, with nothing to see, no gas, food or
> lodging?
>

>>>One thing--you're making the presumption that you will be able to drive
east through Yosemite on Hwy 120.   That road is normally blocked by snow
until June, sometimes even July.   Although, we have had a very light winter
this year. But due to government cutbacks, supposedly all the snowplows in
the national parks will remain parked.

So, you will have to choose an alternate route across the mountains.   Hwy
108 is the next further north, and I have crossed that before in April, so
that would probably work (and be a beautiful drive).   Failing that, you'd
have to continue to Hwy 88, which definitely will be open (and also be a
beautiful drive).