[DeTomaso] LPC - Roadside smog dynamometer

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 06:17:34 EDT 2013

No sure about California laws with regard to smog compliance, but
elsewhere, unless they were stopping everybody ( like a roadblock dui
checkpoint ) or unless the vehicle was displaying an illegal condition, or
it had an outstanding warrant / bolo for it or the driver, it would be
totally illegal to randomly stop it and search it, much less test it.
Who knows what rights you sign away when you get CA plates?

Michael Shortt