[DeTomaso] Gts numbers

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Jun 15 12:55:42 EDT 2013

In a message dated 6/15/13 9 32 32, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> I am talking about my car. It is a US 1973 L . It's previous owner ( now
> deceased)  is obviously unavailable to answer any questions. It has been
> repainted twice .It was originally yellow, then red and is now white with the
> rear hatch ( which is Fiberglas ) painted flat black ( like the euro GTS )
> .
>
>>>The GTS paint scheme used more of a satin black, versus flat black.

> >It also has the black diamond stitch vinyl on the inside of both the
> front hood and rear hatch as well as the euro roof mounted antenna. It also
> has an Edelbrock performer aluminum intake as well as a holly 650. I have
> been planning on having the car painted and replacing the 73 front bumper with
> black bumperettes. I am not crazy about the car in white but when I read
> about and saw the Euro GTS  and since my car has much of the Euro GTS
> accoutrements I though I might  complete the scheme instead of completely
> changing the color. I would never attempt to represent the car as anything other
> then an "L" . It has many additional upgrades that make it in spirit closer
> to a GTS then an L so I thought about going for the complete visual
> package.
>
>>>I think that sounds like a fine idea.   I would probably be inclined to
go for the Euro GTS paint scheme if I was going to leave the car (mostly)
white, which would entail painting the hood, decklid, and bottom part of the
body in Satin black, then affixing the Euro GTS side decals.   You could even
go all the way and fit GTS riveted-on flares too?

Of course, you could spend a lot more money and have it totally repainted
in yellow?   Or, for that matter, you could do whatever you wanted.   That's
the beauty of a Pantera!